Blogging Block, I am back

Long time no see. I have been meaning to write here for such a long time but with more time passing it was really hard to sit down and start writing again. Even now I have rewrote this post at least 20 times...

I really miss my little blog but sometimes you just need to take a breather, step back and decide what is what you want. So instead of forcing myself to jump into a beauty post straight away, I just wanted to sit down and write.


Since I was a kid I always had a soft spot for drugstores and stationery (but that's a different story). I could spend hours wandering the aisles of drugstore and daydreaming about all the possibilities. When I was in the middle school and had my friends over, I would play a cosmetic salon giving my friends facials and makeovers. My best birthday parties included perusing my mom's closet and dressing up with my friends, putting on makeup and making photo shoots as models. You see, that love for makeup and skincare has been with me all my life. Which is a reason why I decided to start this blog.

On the other hand, every day more and more I am reminded that beauty is not everything and no amount of makeup will make you beautiful. So much pressure is put on girls and young women to look and behave certain way which is a crime against our uniqueness, the exact thing that makes us beautiful. I know it may sound like an old news but your face or your body doesn't make you beautiful. What you have inside is what really matters.

I was judging myself, beauty and makeup can be seen as such a superficial interest. I imagine that every beauty blogger had this conflict of interest thinking is this really the most important thing in life? Of course not. But it's my passion, something I love and like to share my thoughts on. Yes, there are more layers to people than their physical appearances but taking care of yourself is an important step to feel and be happy. And you know what they say, happy girls are the prettiest.

I was blocked to write here and with more time passing it was harder to pick up where I left. But then it hit me, this blog is my joy and it's okay that I had to take a break and rediscover my happy place again. Where all the inspiration is coming from. I am a person who is all over the place, who wants to try everything and is afraid that bad decisions are irrevocable. So I froze and waited... Sometimes I don't feel like writing a review about a new lipstick, sometimes I just want to ramble about what a sad day I had, or how hard it is to realize that you have no idea where your life is heading.

Yes, I love makeup and I love skincare and this blog is mainly about that but I have decided that I want to give it more. More of me. Life is too short not to do things you want to do. 

Sorry for being chatty but I just felt like sharing my thoughts and being away for such a long time I needed to put some things out there. If you are still reading, wow and thank you for listening to me and keep your eyes peeled for a new beauty posts soon.

It is all about the sparkle in your eyes and smile on your lips that is what makes you beautiful. As cheesy as it may sound, being happy is the most beautiful you will ever be.
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Glam Beauty Talks

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig