Review: Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color

Today I am back with a review on the new-ish launch from Maybelline: Color Elixir Lip Colors. They are fairly new to me, but I think they have been around for a couple of months now.

Glam Beauty Talks Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color

Maybelline Color Elixirs are described as a balm-gloss-stick hybrid. The packaging is stunning, and would set you up to think that they might be lipsticks, with the fake lipstick bullet, but they are definitely high-shine glosses with creamy texture.

Glam Beauty Talks Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color

The pigmentation is something I was completely impressed with. These lip glosses have some serious color payoff, especially the darker shades. Like any other lip glosses, the staying power is average, around few hours, depending on what you do (eating, drinking...).

Glam Beauty Talks Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color

The formula is quite thick and creamy and is noticeable on the lips to the point when it is uncomfortable. They are not sticky or tacky, but I was aware of them all the time and I couldn't wait to take them off. I heard so many great reviews on them so I was fairly disappointed by my experience.

Glam Beauty Talks Maybelline Color Elixir Lip Color

They come in 20 different shades (according to the website), but I only saw 8 shades displayed and I ended up buying two shades, even though I could easily choose more.

Glam Beauty Talks Petal Plush

Petal Plush (100) is a pretty baby doll pink with a little shimmer to it. This one was my first choice, as I thought this will be my typical everyday pink.

Glam Beauty Talks Fuchsia Flourish

Fuchsia Flourish (075) is a creamy hot pink with no shimmer to it. It is a beautiful fun shade, especially for summer.

Overall, I liked the super gloss finish and the shades, but the feeling they leave on my lips, I just can't. They are highly uncomfortable, almost sickening and I wouldn't recommend them at all.

Do you like Maybelline Color Elixirs Lip Color?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Glam Beauty Talks

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig