Review: L'Oreal Shine Caresse

If you read my previous blog post then it is no surprise to you that today will be all about L'Oreal's Shine Caresse Stains which are targeted as a budget friendly answer to YSL Glossy Stains.

I know that I am quite late on the bandwagon with these as they were introduced last year, but I just haven't got around to try them. Until now. And I love them.



I love the packaging. It is very sturdy and sleek and feels more luxurious than its price tag. It comes in gorgeous gold tube where you can clearly see the color of the stain.  The foam applicator with hole in the middle is designed to hold enough product to achieve even application with one dip.

Eve (400)
The formula is lightweight cross between stain and lip gloss. First it leaves a cooling effect on your lips and you get a feeling that it is soaking in. Layering few times you are left with thick and glossy finish which stays put on few hours without drying your lips out. Luckily, they are not sticky at all and have a pleasant scent. 
The color fades evenly to a light stain without patchy appearance. Just be aware that they tend to dry to darker shade so better test them before.

The foam applicator has a hole in the centre, specially designed to remove any excess colour leaving a veil-like lustruous finish. - See more at: http://beautyswatch.com/loreal-shine-caresse-vs-ysl-glossy-stain/#sthash.Qc7yn3Z9.dpuf
Romy (102)
The shades I decided to go with  are Eve (400) and Romy (102). Searching online I discovered that they are available in 12 different shades but I only saw eight options in my drugstore.

Eve
Eve is a blue toned pink which counteracts any yellowness in the teeth and makes them appear whiter. Romy is more of a warm pink with hint of coral.

Romy
I highly recommend these. Amazing quality, long-lasting color and they are almost 1/5 price of YSL Glossy Stain. I will definitely look for more shades to add to my collection.

You can pick them up at your drugstore or if you live in Spain here

Have any of you tried these lip colors? What are your thoughts?
SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

© Glam Beauty Talks

This site uses cookies from Google to deliver its services - Click here for information.

Blog Layout Designed by pipdig